31 August 2008

AdventureWorks requires FILESTREAM enabled

 Surprises, surprises, surprises, programmers’ world is full of them! When you say that everything is ok, you just discover that something went wrong. I was expecting to have Adventure Works database installed though I haven’t checked that. I realized today that it’s missing, so I tried to reinstall it enabling this time the “Restore AdventureWorks DBs” feature, though I got another nice error:

  Setup failed for MSSQLSERVER. The following features are missing: FILESTREAM Fix the problems and re-run setup.

 Guy Burstein, in his blog, wrote that the STREAM support can be enabled using the following SQL command: exec [dbo.sp_filestream_configure] @enable_level = 3; I tried that and another error came in:

  Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Line 1 Could not find stored procedure 'sp_filestream_configure'

 Checking my local installation of SQL Server Books Online, I found no track of sp_filestream_configure stored procedure, but I found that I can enable the STREAM support using sp_configure stored procedure as below:

EXEC sp_configure filestream_access_level, 2
RECONFIGURE
GO

 Once I executed the 3 lines together, I got the following confirmation message which, amusingly, still recommands me to run the RECONFIGURE statement even if I did that. Anyway better more redundant information than nothing…

  Configuration option 'filestream access level' changed from 2 to 2. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
IT Professional with more than 24 years experience in IT in the area of full life-cycle of Web/Desktop/Database Applications Development, Software Engineering, Consultancy, Data Management, Data Quality, Data Migrations, Reporting, ERP implementations & support, Team/Project/IT Management, etc.